All the info on the cd, digital and vinyl editions (DLP) of this magical tribute album to be released by Pitch Black Records further below.
THE OFFICIAL TRIBUTE ALBUM TO WILLIAM J TSAMIS
(check out links in comments for more info)
Pitch Black Records is deeply honored and proud to announce the release of the official tribute to the late William J Tsamis (March 13, 1961 – May 13, 2021). Titled “A Crack in the Sky – A Tribute to William J Tsamis” the album is scheduled for release on May 13 2022, the one-year anniversary of his passing.
A true hero of the Heavy Metal underground and beyond, the legacy of guitarist and composer William J Tsamis will forever be deeply intertwined with the name of WARLORD. In addition to his work with WARLORD, William J Tsamis also channeled his creativity into the lesser known, but equally potent and arguably more personal projects LORDIAN WINDS and LORDIAN GUARD.
Approved and endorsed by WARLORD’s management, “A Crack in the Sky” features brand new recordings of timeless classics, all exceptionally covered by 16 outstanding bands, young and old, hailing from different parts of the world. Clocking in at just a few seconds over 79 minutes, this is as “full” an album as it could possibly get! Special mention must be made to the album’s liner notes which include a foreword by Mark Zonder along with brief statements by each participating band. Furthermore, a select few industry individuals and artists have been invited to share their thoughts about Bill Tsamis in a special “In Memoriam” section within the album’s liner notes. The liner notes of any album are of course an integral part of it, but in this case they are of particular importance as they are a powerful portrayal of what Bill Tsamis has meant to people; both as a musician and also as a person. For this reason, Pitch Black Records will be making a special edition booklet (14 pages) freely available for anyone to download on release date.
“A Crack in the Sky – A Tribute to William J Tsamis” will be released in the following formats:
• CD Digipak (deluxe 3-panel)• CD Book (hardbound 20x20cm book, including download code and limited to 100 copies – exclusively available from Pitch Black Records and select partners)• Double-LP (including download code, released in association with vinylstore.gr) • Digital
The album’s cover and artwork have been created by the talented Giannis Nakos of Remedy Art Design with photography kindly provided by Chris Del Grande. Mastering or additional mastering was handled by renowned producer Arthur Rizk.
1. Mirror – Aliens
2. Sumerlands – Lost and Lonely Days
3. Stray Gods – War in Heaven
4. Twisted Tower Dire – Mrs. Victoria
5. Claymorean – 70,000 Sorrows
6. Eternal Champion – Stygian Passage
7. Arrayan Path (feat. Paolo Viani) – The Rainbow
8. Forsaken – Lucifer’s Hammer
9. FireWolfe – Battle of the Living Dead
10. Steel Shock – Child of the Damned
11. Solitary Sabred (Official) – Black Mass
12. WOTAN – Official Page – Winds of Thor
13. Reflection – Winter Tears
14. Galaxy Aus – Penny for a Poor Man
15. COMET RIDER – Soliloquy
16. Socrates Leptos – A Crack in the Sky (Outro)
Thanks to NWOTHM Full Albums for hosting our teaser.